Are you a sustainability professional working on the sustainable transition of a company, organization or supply chain? Would you – as a gamechanger – like to gain inspiration, recharge, learn from your peers and exchange experiences and perspectives? Then come ‘Connecting for Impact’ at the 7th edition of the unique annual State of the Sustainability Profession!
The Sustainability University will host the 7th edition of this event on September 12th, from 14.00-17.30 with drinks afterwards at Number 5 foundation in The Hague. After two years of online events we are very much looking forward to see and connect with everyone at this very special venue. The event includes peer-to-peer workshops and dialogues with personal and practical experience and multiple perspectives in order to together find ways of changing the game.
The program starts with a short plenary session where the results of our latest research is shared. After this you have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge and connect for impact in 2 rounds of interactive workshops and dialogues on various themes such as sustainable market transformation, system thinking, supply chain and nature inclusiveness. In addition, you can experience unexpected perspectives such as the power of art! In order to be able to deep dive and really connect for impact, we will have limited tickets available.
14:00 Walk-in and registration
- Welcome by Laurentien van Oranje & Carola Wijdoogen
- Introduction of Laura Termeer as new board member SSU
14:25 Presentation “The State of the Sustainability Profession” launch of paper on new insights in transition interventions and skills of Sustainability University and Nyenrode by Prof. dr. André Nijhof
14.35 Networking & transfer to workshops – multiple powerful perspectives to master the competencies and 7 roles to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable organization and society.
14:45 Workshop round 1 followed by 10 minutes break
15:45 Workshop round 2 followed by 10 minutes break
16.45 Wrap-up and next steps
17.00 Networking drinks with music
A selection of “the system thinking & value driven” workshops and speakers:
- Which interventions, roles and competencies do you need to be effective in transition management by Prof. dr. André Nijhof (Nyenrode University)
- Accelerate transition with supply chain resonance by Frans Pannekoek (a.o. former Head of Operations at Tony’s Chocolonely)
- 8 lessons from nature to drive transition by Iris Grobben (New Economy)
- The role of art in accelerating transition by Laura Termeer
- A systemic approach to drive change – 7 Roles – by Carola Wijdoogen
- What’s Oiconomy Lab and how does it drive transition by dr. Walter Vermeulen (Associate prof. sustainable production & consumption) and Marianne van Keep (MVO-manager of the year 2020/21 and CSO Verstegen Spices & Sauces)